If you are considering being a Work-At-Home-Mom, here are a few pros and cons to consider before making the move. If you are already a WAHM, this is just a brief reminder of why we do what we do.
Benefits of being a WAHM:
1. I get to be the one who watches my kids grow up.
2. I get to be there for all the firsts.
3. I get to be the biggest influence in my kids life.
4. I can put my family first because I call all the shots in my own business.
5. Earn back your commute time as quality time with the kids.
6. Money savings in transportation, childcare, and wardrobe.
The possible downsides to being a WAHM:
1. You need to be capable of and desire to stay at home with the kids.
2. No standard 9-5 or M-F. Get ready for the multitask of a lifetime.
3. Third shift is your shift. Let’s face it, after bedtime is the only quiet time in a home.
4. You still need backup childcare. Some projects take more time to start or finish.
5. Family comes first. While this is a pro for most, the career centric individual may find it hard to balance the two. Most moms are still the primary caregiver at home. That is job #1.